Monday, December 5, 2016
Classify THAT!
I've met a lot of different people. There are SO MANY DIFFERENT TYPES OF PEOPLE it blows my mind to even think about it. Tracing back though, there are certain people that are too hard to forget and not talk about. There was a guy I met named Carl that worked with me at Hardee's. This guy was too much. He was a retired marine and only worked at Hardee's because he liked to cook and knew he could quit whenever and he'd be fine. The day Carl quit, he gave me a magnifying glass as a token of friendship and then proceeded to curse our manager out. She was awful, our manager. Carl, on the other hand, was the best. Then there was this one time at a party. It was an eventful evening, but it had led to a superbowl party. I was younger, and as a 17 year old, my friends and I were only concerned about getting some alcohol at the party. Then I met Beau. He was super drunk, and he was super cool. Me and the bros asked if he would get us each a jello shot. He came out with 12 jello shots(let me remind you it was only me and 2 other friends). That was only the beginning. That was the night that the high school kids turned up at the adult party and got caught but didn't care because it was worth it! Then there was that one time I was at the tailgate in Sylva. Oh yes, that's where I met my friend Micah. He was different. Black cut off tanktop that said ACDC. Super drunk, but still pretty sober. Hard to explain what that means, but that's what he was. He peed on a Marine's car midway through the tailgate and got his head slammed into my best friend JD's car. But he made it through, and once the dust was settled, he was gone. Micah paid for JD's car(mostly because the university threatened to file a civil suit against him if he didn't) and we've all stayed friends. So many interesting people in this world. But the one that takes the cake for me is my buddy Will from high school. Will was the weirdest guy I've ever met. I mean his looks, his jokes, his style. Will was nobody but himself. That's why I liked him and respected him. He was the man. And he liked me too. I only know that because he told me he liked me, the same way he told others he didn't like them. Oh yes, Will was a lot of things, but he wasn't fake, and he wasn't a coward. He was the real deal.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment